Mountain bike pedals
How to use effectively your Mountain Bike Pedals to increase safety and pleasure
Mountain bike riding is a passionate experience, but it gets even better when you know how to ride your bike not only for your safety reasons but also for the sake of those around you.
For that reason, you need to place your feet in the right position when riding your mountain bike. This will enable you to be comfortable, perform better, and maintain stability plus effective control of your bike. Therefore, to achieve this, it is important to ensure your get the most appropriate combination of mountain bike pedals, and shoe.
Here are some guidelines to get most out of your mountain bike pedals:
• If your mountain bike has flat pedals, contrary to clipless pedal bikes, chances are your feet can fit certainly into the middle foot position of your bike in front of your pedal axle.
• It’s naturally appropriate to place your ball feet right in front of your bike axle or pedal spindle.
• The spindle of your pedal will enable you to get the right support of your back body section of the soft or ‘meaty’ part of your feet.
• Ultimately, you will gain the right balance even when standing and ensure a balanced feel over the pedal axles for incredible performance.
• Since when pedaling you are driving away from you the pedals, you need to assume a mid-foot position as you ride your mountain bike.
• While doing your pedal strokes, the mid-foot position will impressively allow you to adjust your lower body part into the right comfortable position.
• Additionally, while riding, place your feet in the middle position of your foot to achieve a remarkable better drop of your heels.
• Resultantly, you are likely to be comfortable and stable especially when assuming an upright position. Additionally, you are able to take a restful position on your hips for the appropriate center of gravity hence balance.
“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a bike” – John F Kennedy
Other things to consider
Remember, if your mountain bike pedals are too far from your toe, you are likely to experience a lot of pressure and fatigue on your feet. At the same time, your body will be on the rear of the mountain bike due to the compression force and heal drops. This is why you need to retain the right balance for effective control. To solve this, run your cleats towards the back of your shoe slots especially if your ride is cut in for a balanced feel over the bike.
We suggest you keep pressing your feet into your mountain bike pedals for the right center of gravity. Therefore, this will give extra control to effectively and efficiently control your bike when hitting the rocky terrain or bumpy sections of the trail.
Are you a beginner or an ardent bike rider?
It is imperative to take these tips into account to not only help you improve your riding experience but also catch up with your riding tactics. You can be a great rider if you better understand exactly how to use your mountain bike.
How about a transformed riding escapade? Your feet or body need to have the control and relaxation when riding. Riding should be exciting. Check out my-mountains offerings to improve your mountain bike riding experiences. Explore here: link.
#bookyourmountainexperience #bikepedals #mtbadventures #trail #mtbhack #mtbresorts #biketours #liveyourmountainpassions #rideabove #mtbschool