Hiking in Switzerland And Coronavirus: All You Need to Know Before Traveling
In the past year, we have witnessed the spread of panic due to the emergence of the coronavirus. Otherwise known as Covid-19, this virus took the lives of millions of people all around the world. Our duty is to curb the spread of this deadly virus and ensure we stay as safe as possible.
Here, you will find all the information about hiking in Switzerland and the coronavirus. At the end of the article, you will find some useful tips for staying safe while traveling in Switzerland.
Am I allowed to travel to Switzerland?
As of today, the Swiss Confederation has no restrictions in place regarding entry.
If you are allowed to enter Switzerland, and you are planning to go to the mountains, we recommend following a few simple rules.
- Take all precautions from the World Health Organisation, which can be found here: advice for the public.
- Make sure you wear a mask in all public transport vehicles.
- Avoid going hiking in large groups. Rather, choose to go with some friends on a private or self-guided hiking tour.
- Hiking in Switzerland and coronavirus is a big topis: make sure you stay informed about governmental restrictions throughout your stay.
“Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” – Walt Whitman
Is Switzerland safe to travel during Covid-19?
Almost 3 million vaccine doses have so far been administered in Switzerland. The Swiss government publishes the vaccination data daily based on information provided by the cantons, the Principality of Liechtenstein, and the Armed Forces Logistics.
Switzerland has one of the most outstanding reputations when it comes to the healthcare system. The government has kept the pandemic under control so much so that strict lockdowns were never necessary. That being said, this is due to general caution and reasonable behaviors displayed by the public.
On the topic of hiking in Switzerland and coronavirus, Switzerland has been declared one of the safest countries in the world regarding Covid-19 transmission. Since hiking takes place outdoors, it’s considered safer than other group activities and thus widely allowed.
Practical tips to avoid Covid-19 while hiking
In order to prevent Covid-19 while hiking, follow these practical tips:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water.
- In case you don’t have access to water, you can disinfect your hands with a solution. It should contain about 50% of alcohol.
- Wear protective masks while traveling, especially in closed spaces like gondolas or trains.
- If you have to use public transportation, try to avoid peak hours.
- Take vitamin supplements in order to strengthen your immunity.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean your hands after the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing too.
- While hiking, you don’t need to wear a mask as it’s in the open air. However, don’t forget to keep your distance between other people.
- If you are planning to do a picnic, don’t share your food or drinks with others.
Also, we highly recommend carefully reading the World Health Organisation’s latest updates.
Many people have asked us about hiking in Switzerland and coronavirus. While we can’t guarantee a 100% safety, we are sure that following the abovementioned regulations you have a good chance of staying safe and healthy during your holiday in Switzerland.
Hiking holidays with My-Mountains
Above all, enjoy your holiday. It is the most important advice to keep in mind. Act responsibly and enjoy spending time in nature and fresh air.
Booking your hiking adventure with My-Mountains is a safe bet. We are notorious for following safety rules and won’t expose you to large groups of people while providing you with the best outdoor experience in Switzerland.
Ultimately, we care about you, us, our families, and most of all, our grandparents.
Don’t hesitate, book your hiking trip with us today.
Check out our latest Articles:
🏞 | Custom Ski and Travel Experience
📍 | Alps
📣 | 🇬🇧 🇮🇹 🇩🇪 🇨🇭
🏆 | Best Swiss Ski Tour Operator 23/24
🤳 | DM for Day/Multi-Day Offers 👇